2007-12-11

First Craft Fair

Last Saturday was the craft fair at BFF and it was absolutely amazing! So many people complimented on our stuff/design/etc. and they were strangers! There is something so special about people you don't know telling me that I am doing a good job. We sold out of all the girl Abe shirts, and sold tons of necklaces we've been working really hard on, and my last minute ornaments were pretty well received too. We stayed up till wee hours of the night for weeks to do this thing, and the results were pretty satisfying. This is what it looked like.

I've been knitting crazy lately, and having yarngasms, and only looking for knitting things on ebay and websites, and getting yarnspiration on other people's blogs, and hating everyone who were taught by grandmas (because my grandma didn't teach me), and thinking of new projects to work out everyday, all day. It's such a good feeling that over the course of two years of knowing how to knit, I went from dreading every stitch to a yarnoholic. I'm pretty happy. I could not live without knittinghelp.com
And today I knitted a pair of fingerless gloves but they are too snug because I couldn't find my size 6 needles so instead i knitted with size 8 ones. I am almost thinking about unraveling the whole thing and starting over, or even felting it, but I don't know how much they will shrink?
But I am pretty amazed and happy that I finished a project in one day and I watched three episodes of Law and Order: Criminal Intent with my boyfriend too. I am pretty happy overall. As always, I cheated and know what I am getting for Christmas, and I am getting JoAnn gift certificate AND the Craft Magazine Boxset! I have all the good things in the world! Also, I just ordered the entire collection of bamboo circular, double pointed, single pointed needles from China and they are on their way here. Seriously, I am too happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.